The Dudson Centre is a preserved former pottery factory which is now a community resource centre and museum. A Grade II listed building it is the gateway to the city centre in Stoke-on-Trent that has now become a hub of local voluntary action and community activity. It was donated as a legacy by the Dudson family in 1996, and after a major refurbishment was opened by Her Majesty the Queen in 1999.
Aims & Objectives
1) To preserve for the benefit of the townspeople in the city of Stoke-on-Trent in the county of Staffordshire and the nation at large whatever of the historical architectural and constructional heritage may exist in and around the city in the form of buildings of particular beauty or historical architectural and constructional interest
2) To promote any other charitable purposes for the benefit of the community of Stoke on Trent and in particular the advancement of education, the preservation and protection of good health and relief of poverty, distress and sickness.
What we do
The centre currently provides fully serviced offices, and back office functions to 18 local Voluntary and Community Organisations. Facilities include meeting rooms, training rooms, 1-2-1 interview facility , resource library and a Cafe. The Dudson Museum on site is housed inside a Grade 2 listed bottle kiln where you can see some of the products made by Dudson.
Services provided include:
- Staffed Reception,
- Meeting rooms,
- IT services & support,
- Internet access,
- All repairs & Maintenance
- Virtual Offices service including – PO Box service; mail handling; Telephone answering service
- Rent a desk,
- Back Office Support – Accountancy, IT, marketing, training, email, fax and a full office bureau service.
The centre is open to the tenants 24 hours a day 7 days a week. For the public it is open from 8.00am to 10.00pm Monday to Thursday and from 8.00am to 9.00pm on Fridays. Opening on the weekend and bank holidays is by appointment only.
The museum is open from 10.00am to 3.30pm. The Café is open from 8.00am to 4.00pm.
The centre and its facilities are open to all members of the public, voluntary and community groups, tourists and businesses. Booking can be made in person, on line, by email or by telephone. There are no restrictions on the use of the centre it is a public building.
Charges (per morning, afternoon or evening session)
Training / Meeting / Conference Rooms
Community Groups with income of less than £50k = £10
Voluntary Organisations with income more than £50k but less than £500k = £50
Voluntary Organisations with income more than £500k = £100
Private Sector – £200
If you are interested in hiring a room please click here for more information.
Fully Serviced* Offices
Community Groups and Voluntary Organisations – £72 per sq. m
Private Sector orgsanisations – £175 per sq m
*Services include – staffed reception, caretaker, IT network & server, broadband internet access, telephones (excluding cost of calls), repairs & maintenance.
Co. Ltd by Guarantee Registered in England No. 3177091. Registered Charity No. 1059186.